Normally I make naan to go with a curry, this time I got a little more adventurous! I made Parathas, and they were so tasty!
115g plain flour
115g wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tbsp vegetable oil
100ml melted butter
1. Mix together the salt and flour. Add the oil and enough water to make a soft dough. Knead for 10 minutes.
2. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Divide into 9 pieces of equal size. Roll into a ball then flatten.
Roll the dough into a circle about 15cm across.
4. Brush with melted butter and fold in half. Do this again to make a triangle.
5. Repeat this with the rest of the dough, heat a frying pan. Roll each piece of folded dough into a much thinner triangle. Brush with butter then cook for around a minute on each side. Serve warm.